Hello Next Adventure!
As the title says, I think we should be friends. You guys like adventures, I like adventures. I like to take pictures and write things, you guys like to have people take pictures and write things. You have created a strong community of active minded individuals, and I love to add to those types of communities. So I think this should work out alright.
I have some ideas, and they revolve around a couple of key themes. The first theme is to showcase the community of active individuals within and around Next Adventure. From your employees to your ambassador to all of your customers, people associated with NA are doing sweet things. I want to help showcase all of these, and by doing so illustrate on social media the depth of the community NA has fostered over the years. Second, while I'd of course like to be involved with the highly skilled, advanced level adventures, I'd really like to showcase adventures of all shapes and sizes. Showcasing what people are doing that is accessible to the entire community will help NA remain an accessible and welcoming brand to all of your community members and customers.
Does that sound a bit vague? Yes. Let me give you some specific ideas. Oh and here are pictures. Hooray for pictures! I took these for Shwood sunglasses' blog last fall.
Back to the ideas!
- Next Adventure Clinic and Trip Photo Stories: While you guys post blog write ups of future clinics and classes put on by NA, it would be awesome to come along, take pictures, and do follow up stories to promote them. A bunch of good pictures and a nice follow up of clinics will help people get more stoked on the next one!
- In Depth Ambassador Stories: Follow along with some of your ambassadors for a few of their outings and give a sense of their personality and what makes them such great members of your community, both as athletes and people. I'd like to focus on what makes them good people just as much as what makes them talented athletes.
- Community Profile Stories: Your community is vibrant with active people beyond your ambassador programs. I've known several people who worked at Next Adventure over the years, and each and every one has been active in so many ways outside of the scope of Next Adventure. Whether this is an adventure type activity, an artistic endeavor, or some form of community service, it's amazing to know that exists within the Next Adventure community. Most people, especially in our fair city of Portland, like to shop at a place where the employers are interested and engaged with their employees. This is one way to showcase that.
More Pictures! Huzzah! These were taken for Danner Boots.
Ideas Ideas Ideas!
- Extended Family Features: Occasionally I think it would be awesome to do an feature on a more distant member of the community, such as a frequent customer who happens to be getting ready for the PCT, or a former employee who is really crushing it in their new career. What this will show to people is that NA is a company that is actually interested in the activities of the people who come and go from your store. That's a nice thing. People like nice things.
- Accessible Trip Write Ups and Directions: While trip write ups isn't the main thing I'd like to focus on, it is something that would be easy to do occasionally since I do indeed go on trips. What I'd really like to focus on is showcasing trips that are easily accessible to almost anyone, continuing to put the focus on creating a more inclusive community of adventurous people of all varieties.
Okay, more pictures for fun. These were taken in Georgia(the country) and the breakaway republic of Abkhazia. Yes that's a real place.
So anyway, thank you so much for giving me a little of your time to meet up and discuss all of this! It was a nice meeting! As I said, I wanted to follow up and give you a sense of what
If you can pay me a part time salary, something in the range of 800-1000, I would be able to quit one of my jobs and have 5 day availability to work for Next Adventure doing trip write ups, event photography, ambassador photo stories, gear/trip reviews, as well as my own trips and stories to add into the mix. NA would then have great photography at almost all events, as well as new content representing your ambassadors and brand image.
As you said, this most likely isn't what you're looking for at the moment, so I'd be very happy to see a proposal from NA on how you see this working out. Obviously I'd have much more limited availability since I will be working full time, but I think we could work out some sort of agreement between us. I could still give you stories of my own trips and ambassador write ups now and then, just on a less frequent basis. I do want to be clear that it's almost impossible to take time off work to cover NA events if I'm not being compensated, because then I'd be losing money to provide you guys with content, which isn't exactly ideal for the whole paying rent and eating food parts of life!
Just to be clear in the end, in case I'm coming off demanding, I really want to work with you guys. I really love Next Adventure and would be so excited to be a part of that community. But I just wanted to be straightforward with what my ideal situation is, and what I can and can't provide for you guys, so that it's easier for us to come to some agreement that makes both of us happy!
Anyway, please enjoy one last round of pictures I took during a day in a Canoe with a friend on Klamath Lake.